After 3 years [so far] of working in an arts and crafts store, I've got a growing list of on the go projects.

Currently I'm making a winter hat for myself [why did I wait to do this until the negative temperatures were in full swing?].. one of my co workers recommended one of our house brand yarns. I'm working with Loops & Threads brand 'Country Loom' in 'nobility' [dark and light wine purple mixed with a light almost pastel purple]. I went and did what I shouldn't have and cheaped out on the needles I bought, with this kind of yarn I should really be using the bamboo needles to prevent splitting.. lesson learned, believe me!

One thing I can say about this yarn is that it beats the 'Bernat' brand 'Soft Boucle' by a MILE. In our store they're placed right beside each other and look exactly the same but you just have to pick them up to feel the difference. The Bernat feels rough in comparison and the colours are not as vibrant. Also, if I remember correctly, the Bernat brand is more expensive.

So far I'm about 90% done the knitting portion.. it takes me a while as my hands start to hurt after doing any sort of needle craft for too long. I'm thinking of buying crafter's gloves but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll be adding a felt flower applique to the side of the hat to punch it up a notch. Pictures to come when I do finish it [hopefully tomorrow? we'll see] but be forewarned my camera is absolutely horrible.. I'm crossing my fingers that Santa brings me a new one this year ;)

Happy Crafting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About this blog

Just a blog about my descent into crafting madness. I'll be discussing the [several] projects I have on the go and posting pictures. Also I will be trying out new techniques [well new for me] and reviewing certain medias/brands I work with.

About Me

My photo
I'm an oddball, you'll see soon enough I'm sure.
Powered by Blogger.