I'm super excited! After I posted my chess board on one of the many forums I frequent, I had such an interest that I discussed opening a business with one of my best friends. I would not be able to sell the Plants VS Zombies figures as they are protected under the copyright law, but I brainstormed some ideas and shared them with her and she's on board! She's an amazing artist so she will be drawing and I will be recreating the drawings with clay. I don't want to post details until the shop goes up since I already did a quick Etsy search and found our ideas to be unique. Not that I'm trying to flatter myself saying people are actually reading this, but after certain events I've witnessed regarding other sellers I wouldn't want to take a chance someone would beat me to the punch.

I've looked up laws regarding small business in Canada and we would need to get a business license. This doesn't bother me at all, I would like to be all official and such. I want to get all this running before June though since the process for requesting the license will change this summer and it becomes a bit more complicated [more forms].

And in other news: my boyfriend is a sweet heart :) We went out tonight for Valentine's Day and had dinner, he made me two of these cute little cards. When I say made, I mean literally he made them from scratch.. he even made the PAPER. They were adorable and so thoughtful, I was not expecting anything handmade and I really appreciated that he took the time to make those rather than go out and buy them..it just made them that much more special to me. No one I've ever been with has made me anything, and so far on the list these are the third and fourth things he's crafted for me. Apparently he made something else but forgot it at work so I have that to look forward to next time I see him ^^~

The presents I gave him I bought wayyyy in advance. I bought him a giant microbe plushie and also this book called "12 Ways to Say I Love You" that you fill out. I don't really know how to describe it accurately but it's a wonderful gift for anniversaries and other romantic occasions. You can check them out here and definitely check out the giant microbes, they are amazing and the customer service at the site is top notch! There is a seperate site for Canadian orders as well :)

And that's all for tonight!

Happy Crafting~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers