Ok, last Xmas related post, I swear ;)

As promised [1 day late], I'll post the pics of the wreaths I made this year. Originally I was only going to make one for my Nana but after I made it my mom wanted one as well.

My Nana lives a couple hours away and was coming over for Thanksgiving weekend so I got all my supplies early to makes hers. The good thing about making a seasonal arrangement early is you get your pick of everything since it JUST came in.. the bad thing is nothing is on sale so your wallet cries at the checkout.



Red and white rose Christmas wreath.


When I saw the pictures I thought to myself I should've just used all red roses with that white bow, but at the time I thought the variety would be better? My Nana still loved it.. she's funny, she took it inside when she came over to our house for Christmas because she said it was the prettiest one on her floor [she lives in an apartment building] and she was afraid someone would steal it.

Her wreath cost me a good $80 to create [see what I mean about wallets crying? I think I was crying a little internally as well..] but it was worth it.

Now, the wreath I made for my mum, which was MUCH cheaper..



Red pointsetta Christmas wreath.


This one cost me around $30 because I made it in Novemeber and the sales on Christmas decor had started already. I'm not a huge fan of pointsettas but my mom really likes the more traditional Christmas plants/foliage and colours. If it were up to me, the wreath would've been blue and silver and done with magnolias.. probably as FAR from traditional as you can get and still call it a Christmas wreath.

For both wreaths I just used a plain 14" wreath and I used a glue gun to glue everything on. I used a high temp one with my mom's wreath because there are glass ornament balls on it [high temp guns are best to use when it comes to gluing glass]. You'll notice my Nana's wreath also has glass ornaments on it but they were actually Christmas picks and were already glued to a small base of evergreen foliage and a floral pick, so the low temp gun worked fine on them since I wasn't gluing directly onto the glass.

Whew.. and that's it for Christmas [until next year, of course ;)]!

Tomorrow I'm going to get started on my top secret sculpey/wood masterpiece.. I'll take a couple pictures of my sculpey collection and how I store it and give some quick tips I've learned when it comes to baking/shaping the clay.

Until then!

Happy Crafting~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About this blog

Just a blog about my descent into crafting madness. I'll be discussing the [several] projects I have on the go and posting pictures. Also I will be trying out new techniques [well new for me] and reviewing certain medias/brands I work with.

About Me

My photo
I'm an oddball, you'll see soon enough I'm sure.
Powered by Blogger.