So I took a break from my Sculpey today to make a few bracelets.

The first one I made for a co-worker of mine who is heading to Australia for school. Her last shift is tomorrow [way to leave it to the last minute, I know] and I happen to be working as well. We're both closing so I'm going to give it to her at the end of our shift.



Green good luck bracelet


I used a double strand of chain for this bracelet, connecting the two chains with a new link every 5 links. I added green wire wrapped beads [not wrapped by myself, that's next on my list] and light green beads in a flat diamond shape in between the wire wrapped ones. I had bought 3/4" head pins to use but my god the wire is thick on those and hard to work with. I had to make a trip out for more of my trusty 2" head pins and they worked like a charm. I also added a small shamrock to the clasp and glued a green 3mm flat back crystal in the center of it for extra sparkle.

To glue on the flat back, I used Beadalon Bead Fix glue [it's the second one down from the top]. I find it's a lot like crazy glue, but provides a better hold when you're working with metal [as I was here].

The next bracelet I made to send down to the states. I'm in a makeup group on Facebook and one of the girls was kind enough to send me a free sample of a foiling medium [for eye shadows] so I decided to make her a little something to thank her.



Light topaz and amber bracelet


I asked her what her favourite colour was prior to making this and she said orange, however I found that to be an impossible colour to find at my store. Normally I would order from my usual supplier online but, since I needed to send this out in the next couple days, I was unable to. I decided to go with these two colours instead because they were as close as I could get. I do like how it turned out though.

I used a completely different chain for this one since the first one I used was a little too plain for what I wanted to achieve. I also added a flower charm to which I glued a 3mm light topaz flat back crystal.

The last bracelet I also made because of someone in my makeup group. One of the girls posted that her friend was having a hard time and we have a system where we send random things to each other as surprises, so she wanted to add her friend's name to the list.



Simple 'pick-me-up' bracelet


I was told that this girl liked simple jewelry and her favourite colour is green. I used the same chain as in the topaz bracelet and the same beads as in the good luck bracelet. This one is actually my favourite and I wanted to keep it for myself. I actually have enough materials to re-create it, so this is probably what I'll do.

I created all these bracelets "on the fly", I didn't plan them out. I had in mind the chains I had at home and walked around the jewelry section looking for beads that caught my eye. I find I make the best looking pieces when I'm not thinking too hard about what I'm doing. I just lose myself in the project and then suddenly it's done!

I'd like to leave you guys with a link to my favourite jewelry supplier. I use them exclusively for Swarovski beads and flat backs [except in the case of the previous bracelets where I was strapped for time]. Their shipping is fast [they state it may take up to 6 weeks but it only ever takes 2 to reach me], their invoices are easy to read, and their product is packaged extremely well. Highly recommend!

Happy Crafting~

PS: to my friend Tricky- I finally figured out hyperlinking! That was a really durrr moment, thanks for pointing it out to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About this blog

Just a blog about my descent into crafting madness. I'll be discussing the [several] projects I have on the go and posting pictures. Also I will be trying out new techniques [well new for me] and reviewing certain medias/brands I work with.

About Me

My photo
I'm an oddball, you'll see soon enough I'm sure.
Powered by Blogger.