Recently we had to reset the scrapbooking section at my store [actually we're still resetting it.. it seems neverending :(] and after spending hours upon hours putting away thousands of stickers, it occurred to me that I could put some of them to good use. Nowhere does it say that stickers can only be used on paper, right?

I'm going to turn them into jewelry and hair accessories. I'm talking specifically about dimensional stickers, because they're "puffy" as opposed to the every day stickers that are flat. Though if I can figure out resin, I may mess around with the flatties as well. We have a new line of dimensional stickers that are just PERFECT for what I have in mind. Yesterday I purchased a pack with donut stickers. I removed the sticky banding off the back and glazed them to seal them. Though I THOUGHT I got all the residue off, the glaze showed me that that was not the case. I didn't glaze them all though, so I'm going to try some Goo Gone to remove it from the backs of the rest. I will then be fixing them to hair pins! I want to test their durability and wear, so I'm giving a couple sets to two of my friends this weekend to wear around. I would like to sell these but first I want to make sure they're up to par.. I won't sell something that's going to fall apart. I'm also making a pair for myself to try.

I picked up these awesome hair pins today actually, they are so incredibly funky, and CHEAP.. I couldn't believe it. Since I'm not done making them yet, I don't have pics. By Thursday I will be posting though ;). Now I'm to work on the second donut batch, hopefully I can get all that pesky stickiness off this time!

Happy Crafting~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About this blog

Just a blog about my descent into crafting madness. I'll be discussing the [several] projects I have on the go and posting pictures. Also I will be trying out new techniques [well new for me] and reviewing certain medias/brands I work with.

About Me

My photo
I'm an oddball, you'll see soon enough I'm sure.
Powered by Blogger.