I found my coloured ball chains! I have quite a few different colours, although I'm going to have to look into where I can get more. I bought all these dirt cheap on clearance.. I'm the 'clearance expert' at my store, 9 times out of 10 when I go in I'm playing with the clearance merchandise. Taking it out of boxes, re-pricing it, putting it out.. the bad thing about this is I see all the deals and spend all my money :(

Anyways! Here's one of the necklaces, I ended up making 4 charms total:



Pink cupcake on a pink ball chain necklace




Top view of the cupcake, yes that's a cherry on top!




Me holding the necklace, so you can get an idea of the size of the charm


These turned out better than I expected, I threw them together quickly just because I wanted to see how the end result would look. I took some advice from one of the videos I watched, I made the bases first and put them in the freezer for 10 minutes before adding the tops. This makes it so I can handle the base without leaving fingerprints or altering the detail I put on beforehand. I really wish I had thought of that little trick before, it would've made making those chess pieces SO much easier!

I also added glitter to the tops for more bling. I'm giving one charm to someone I work with and sending another down to the states. The woman I'm sending it to doesn't know I'm sending it, she loves cupcakes so I thought of her when I made them.. I would like to sell these in the future, keeping the basic design the same but changing up colours and embellishments, but I want to name them after her. I'm going to ask her permission to do so after she receives the necklace :D

Also I asked that lady I work with about the polymer clay icing, but she said she just softens and mixes the clay by itself to get the correct consitancy? I don't see how that would work.. I think I know what I'm going to do to make it, we'll see how it turns out. I'm basically counting the days until I get paid so I can afford to experiment!

That's all for tonight!

Happy Crafting~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers